Vote at Spring 2013 MNEA Representative Assembly

Monday, May 14, 2012

My point-of-view

Campaign websites are typically written in "third-person" point-of-view to lend an objective feel to the information.  But I just did not feel right typing a page entitled, "Who is Christopher Eager?" or "Why should you vote for Christopher Eager?"

I am running for NEA Director because our profession needs people to STAND UP and SPEAK OUT about the learning and working conditions in our public schools.  It seemed disingenuous for me to hide behind a "third-person" narrator.

You are electing a PERSON - not some abstract entity known as "Christopher Eager."  I have experiences, beliefs and opinions that will inform my work as NEA Director.  You deserve to know what those are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment